respawn didn't wok

KenKC_Chen at compal.com KenKC_Chen at compal.com
Mon Jul 14 10:04:07 BST 2008

Hi All,
	I add respawn to end of phone-main job file. But when I kill it by
"kill -9 pidof phone-main" or I make a segfault in phone-main intentionally.
Phone-main can't respawn automatically.
Phone-main is a daemon. (it use daemon(0, 0) inside)

Any idea for it??
----------------file content of
/etc/event.d/phone-main------------------------
start on boot-phase phone-manager-up

# Run phone main as ume and pass the needed environment variables
exec su -l ume -c "/usr/bin/start-phone-main $DISPLAY $GTK2_RC_FILES $LANG
$XDG_SESSION_COOKIE"
respawn

----------------file content of
/usr/bin/start-phone-main------------------------
#!/bin/sh

export DISPLAY=$1
export GTK2_RC_FILES=$2
export LANG=$3
export XDG_SESSION_COOKIE=$4

/usr/bin/phone-main

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential of Compal Electronics, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and destroy/delete the message. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.