Caching jobs

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Tue Oct 23 23:40:06 BST 2007

Le Tue 23/10/2007 à 22:48 Michael Biebl à écrit:
> Come on, this discussion is pointless. I doubt, it would gain half a
> second, if at all. All we would get would be increased complexity. And
> if the format would be binary only, this idea is imho insane. Text
> files are much more robust, and for an init system that is essential.

You're right. But it seems that solaris init works this way ... At
least, there is a spaial command to alter the init configuration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_Management_Facility
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/selfheal/smf-quickstart.jsp

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593 at online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred at jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]