Effect of using "native" jobs on boot time?

upstart at eehouse.org upstart at eehouse.org
Fri Oct 19 01:11:36 BST 2007

In looking over the archives I see that several people (beginning with
Alex Smith and Frugalware) have managed to replace sysvinit-style
scripts with native upstart jobs.  What I'd love to know, in
evaluating upstart for yet another embedded project, is what impact
this has had on boot time.  Is it noticable?  Can you guess at a
percentage change?

Thanks,

--Eric