IRC meeting

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Mon Nov 26 09:01:54 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 18:24 -0200, Ismael Luceno wrote:

> El Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:08:31 -0200
> Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > Hi initng and upstart developers.
> >
> > I've been watching the development of upstart since about the start,
> > and I must thank you Scott, because upstart is very original in the
> > way of starting the system.
> >
> > Sadly, all init implementations share a lot of ugly design ideas...
> >
> > I want to organize a IRC meeting at for initng and upstart developers,
> > if possible. I always had a vision about how init should be, but
> > nothing is near that ideal right now, maybe we can trace a new path on
> > the development of init systems...
> >

> Look at the following document:
> http://ismael.linuxdevel.net/init_issues.html

Many of your assertions here are wrong; and in some cases I would
disagree with your ratings as well (e.g. I would say that a monolithic
init is good, and plug-in based is bad).

> I think 2007-12-08 12:00 UTC is sufficiently neutral, what do you
> think guys?.

That's a Saturday, so I would not be able to make it.

Monday to Friday is better for me.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?