full upstart in feisty?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Mar 27 17:11:59 BST 2007

Am I correct in interpreting the Launchpad and friends documents on
upstart that it was targeted to be fully functional in feisty but that
that has been pushed off now?

Will there be anything more in feisty than the current
"sysv-compatibility" that's there now?  If no, has any thought been
given to at least having the rc script that starts the sysv initscripts
emit events for the individual sysv scripts?  i.e.
"{apport,acpid,sysklogd,dbus,network,postfix,...}
starting/started/stopping/stopped"

Or are those types of service events just too primitive to be useful?
(i.e. network started is a lot less useful than "interface ... started"
indeed.

b.

Brian J. Murrell