New profiles spec

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Sun Jun 3 11:36:30 BST 2007

Hmm, I thought of a few things in terms of the behaviour when parsing
the profile:

  * What should the parser do if it encounters an enable/disable stanza
for a job that's already been specifically mentioned? Should it override
the previous definition for that job, or should it simply ignore the
second value and dump a warning to syslog?

  * Would it be better to store the values in an NihHash or an NihList?
Currently my implementation uses NihList, but I discovered NihHash when
poking around job.c. I don't really see any reason to change apart from
being able to look up profile entries by job name, and that can be done
with an NIH_LIST_FOREACH.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Alex