Reloading job files...

Alexandros Kostopoulos akostop at inaccessnetworks.com
Fri Jun 1 11:27:44 BST 2007

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:42:58 +0300, Scott James Remnant
<scott at netsplit.com> wrote:

Hello Scott,
I'm using version 0.3.8 but, in any case, I found what's the problem. I'm
using links in /etc/event.d/ from another directory (I call it
/etc/jobs.d) so that I can easily enable/disable jobs using a tool (a
small shell script, actually). So, I guess the problem I have is that
inotify probably notifies upstart for a change at the link itself and not
for a change at the target of a link. Well, I suppose there is nothing we
can do about that. However, it could be nice if there was a way to allow
us to easily enable/disable upstart jobs, even starting them temporarily
(e.g. someone might want to start a dhcp server for now, i.e. temporarily,
without having to worry that it will be also started on next startup.
Currently the only way to do this is to put the file in /etc/event.d,
start the job and then remove the file.

Thanks for the quick answer (to both my questions), btw

Alex