initctl commands hang

Danny Sung dannys at mail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:07:27 BST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to use upstart (0.3.8) in an embedded system.  But for
some reason, initctl operations all just hang.  My getty loads
initially, but doesn't respawn; I presume for similar reasons.

I've traced through the "initctl list" command to discover that it hangs
on the recvmsg(..., MSG_PEEK) operation of nih_io_message_recv().

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

I am running on Snapgear 3.5.0, which is based on the 2.6.19 kernel.  I
do have unix domain sockets compiled directly in the kernel.  Are there
any other kernel/network options I need to make sure I have enabled?

Thanks,
Danny