[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.3.2 released
Scott James Remnant
scott at netsplit.com
Tue Feb 6 14:00:38 GMT 2007
After getting the unit test framework sorted, it made sense to improve
on the test coverage and embark on a cleanup of the upstart code;
shaking out all the problems and kludges that I didn't like.
The new features for the 0.3 series are all planned out, and many are
Now it's just a simple matter of merging and programming.
0.3.2 2007-02-06 "Could anybody have tampered with your luggage?"
* Fix leak of inotify file descriptor that could allow any process on
the system to remove upstart's watch on its configuration directory.
* New "emits" configuration stanza, used to list events that are
emitted by the job itself. Intended for use by front-ends to draw
event graphs and the like.
* Dropped "depends" configuration stanza and all related code. This
will be replaced by the complex state mechanism.
* Rewritten IPC code to be significantly simpler, with the goal of
having a stable interface once we hit the end of this milestone
* Rewritten configuration parser and inotify watch infrastructure to be
more maintainable in future.
* Now supports systems where inotify is disabled.
* Duplicate configuration stanzas are no longer permitted.
* Bug fixes, especially concerning malloc failure
The tarball can be found here:
For more information on upstart:
Have you ever, ever felt like this?
Had strange things happen? Are you going round the twist?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/upstart-devel/attachments/20070206/cb647f96/attachment.pgp
More information about the upstart-devel