sshd: when a daemon forks

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Sun Apr 22 15:57:08 BST 2007

Mildred wrote:
> Sorry, even if I read the ssh manual page and help output i didn't see
> the -D flag that keeps sshd in the foreground.
>
> But the question is still here, it is possible that some daemons do not
> provide this kind of feature, then how do you use them with upstart ?
>
> Mildred

Run the daemon as a state as a temporary solution. This means just have
a pre-start script that starts the daemon and a post-stop script that
kills it, and have no exec/script stanza. Also include the service keyword.

Of course, the long term solution would be to patch the daemon.

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Smith