Upstart and interaction with user

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Mon Apr 9 01:18:51 BST 2007

Hi,

Alex Smith:
> One problem with this is that on servers, for example, people would not
> want DBUS even installed, and the only way they'd be able to get rid of
> it is getting rid of 'what' (or whatever it'll eventually be called).

I don't have a problem with the dbus daemon itself on my server. I might
have a problem with a *system dbus instance* on the server.

IMHO there's no point in writing a separate client/server system for
this -- you might just as well re-use the libraries dbus already offers.

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
:RTBM: /R-T-B-M/ imp. [Unix] Commonwealth Hackish variant of {RTFM};
   expands to `Read The Bloody Manual'. RTBM is often the entire text of
   the first reply to a question from a {newbie}; the _second_ would
   escalate to "RTFM".