[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.2.5 released

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Mon Sep 11 17:14:15 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 07:42 +0200, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> >  * The "shutdown" utility has been changed to generate "system-halt"
> >    for "-H", "power-off" for "-P" and just "halt" if only "-h" given.
>
> How about "-p" for power-off, for compatibility with FreeBSD and others?

I think that compatibility options for different UNIXen is probably a
good thing, although I would probably suggest that a different
BSD-compatible shutdown utility should be implemented -- that could then
be shipped in compat/bsd and the current one in compat/sysv.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?