User Survey

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Sun Sep 3 17:49:24 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 15:57 +0100, Thom May wrote:

> * Scott James Remnant (scott at netsplit.com) wrote :
> > Hi there to everyone that's joined recently,
> >
> > I'd like to do a quick survey to see who here is using upstart on their
> > machine instead of sysvinit, and how they're getting on with it?
> >

> My /home is a cryptdisk setup - I'm usually prompted for a passphrase during
> boot by /etc/init.d/cryptdisks but this didn't occur when booting with
> upstart. (Do you want bugs filed for this in launchpad?)

This is known, it's actually a side-effect of the "no boot messages"
change from a different specification.  Out of curiousity, how does this
interact with usplash?

Add "console output" to /etc/event/rc? and change the tty* from
"on startup" to "on rc2" ?

> My wireless is WPA'd and that didn't come up - I'm using the new style wpa
> configuration via /etc/network/interfaces

Now that's unusual, could you have a play and debug why this doesn't
work for me?

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?