User Survey

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sat Sep 2 15:25:54 BST 2006

also sprach Scott James Remnant <scott at netsplit.com> [2006.09.02.1621 +0200]:
> sysvutils contains the various bits from sysvinit that aren't
> directly related to init itself, like pidof last, lastb, mesg
> & killall5.

This makes sense, but I am not willing to see through this change in
Debian right now. Someone else please.

Was sysvutils split off just for upstart?

> You could use sysvinit instead, but then you wouldn't be able to
> install upstart as /sbin/init

Well, unless I user alternatives or a diversion...

Is that the only limitation? Do I then need the -compat package at
all?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

gentoo: the performance placebo.