DBUS?

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Mon Nov 6 07:25:06 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Got another question :-)

I noticed that this was said on IRC last night:
22:45 < theCore> so, does dbus support is still planned in upstart?
22:55 < Keybuk> yes
22:55 < Keybuk> either a dbus proxy, or use dbus for upstart's own IPC

I just want to say, please, do NOT make dbus a *required* dependency for
upstart. I mean, DBUS for an init system is just totally unnecessary in
my eyes. A DBUS proxy that stands as a separate task is fine, but not
built into Upstart. So what are the plans with this?

Thanks,
Alex
--
Alex Smith