[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.3.1 released

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Wed Dec 13 18:42:01 GMT 2006

It took a little longer to get this second release out than I planned,
mostly due to the Ubuntu Developer Summit, Canonical AllHands, etc. and
then following hiatus trying to sort out the plans for the 0.3 release.

This is something of an interim release, it fixes some bugs in 0.3.0,
but the main focus has been converting the unit tests to a test
framework so that it's easier to extend and change things.

Now that's complete, I feel much happier about beginning the new
development work.  You can see the features that are currently planned
for the 0.3 release here:

	https://launchpad.net/products/upstart/+milestone/0.3

The primary missing things are the new state machine spec, which is
still being drafted, and the spec for flags/profiles/etc. which is still
being thought about.

0.3.1  2006-12-13  "The Gathering"

 * Compilation fixes

 * Bug fixes.

 * Massive improvement to test framework, which should make it much
   easier to test new features.

The tarball can be found here:

        http://upstart.ubuntu.com/download/

For more information on upstart: