[Bug 522818] [NEW] flashplugin-installer: local downloaded package not found
alessandro.menti at hotmail.it
Tue Feb 16 19:54:43 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: flashplugin-installer
It's impossible to install the flashplugin-nonfree package while offline
even if you have downloaded the adobe-flashplugin_*.orig.tar.gz file
manually from Adobe's site.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download the adobe-flashplugin_*.orig.tar.gz file manually from Canonical's "partner" website (e.g. using wget: wget -c http://archive.canonical.com/pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_10.0.45.2.orig.tar.gz)
2) Download the flashplugin-installer package with "sudo apt-get install -d flashplugin-installer". This will cause the package not to be installed, but only to be downloaded in the cache.
3) Disconnect from the Internet.
4) Install the package with "sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer". The installer should complain that it has failed to download the .tar.gz file: this is normal.
5) Run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow flashplugin-installer" to reconfigure the package. A window should appear asking you if you have already downloaded the .tar.gz file manually - enter the path to the directory where you have downloaded the .tar.gz file at step 1.
The installer should find the .tar.gz file and install the plugin from there.
A message appears indicating that the file was not found:
"The .tar.gz file does not exist in the directory you entered. Please try again. Enter the path of the directory that the package is in (don't type the filename at the end of the path)."
Ubuntu release: KUbuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
Affected package version: 10.0.45.2ubuntu0.9 (I think it also applies to
previous versions of the package)
A manual inspection of the .deb package and some experimental testing
shows that the problem lies in the "postinst" configuration script, at
line 46 (if [ -d "$RET" -a -f "$RET"/$FILENAME ]; then). Strangely, the
script does NOT detect the presence of the tarball correctly.
** Affects: flashplugin-nonfree (Ubuntu)
flashplugin-installer: local downloaded package not found
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the universe-bugs