[Bug 4048] qgo segmentation fault
loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 16:12:27 UTC 2005
Public bug report changed:
On a clean breezy install, with scim installed from http://svn.ubuntu.org.cn/ubuntu-cn/d...n/binary-i386/
then configured following your advices, that is
then adding the following 3 lines:
(the only thing I changed is the second line, where scim replaces "xim"
that was necessary to get scim input in open office and thunderbird)
I don't even need to start gqo using
just qgo on the command line is enough.
On the other hand, that means qgo would still segfault. It does indeed do so on my previous (the third) breezy install - still on my hd if somebody (possibly a qgo developper) wants to investigate.
So the bug could be closed, but it's still there. It might have something to do with either :
- me running :
- or me running dpkg-reconfigure locales and selecting english, french
These are the last 2 actions I did before qgo segfaulted (plus
installing scim but now we know that's not the problem).
I know it looks hopeless to understand, so there's few hope it will be
Since you are packaging scim for Ubuntu, maybe the ubuntu documentation list would listen to you more if you propose setting up a howto on how to configure scim along with acroread and qgo in breezy.
I can write it (where to get the packages, how to install them and add a .gnomerc file - even though that method is not the best for KDE users - and modify /usr/bin/acroread)
then I can send it to you for proof reading.
I'd rather that than starting a new thread in the forums, cause I would run the possibility to mess up things for other people with wrong advices.
Thank you for your work. I really enjoy scim in Ubuntu, and couldn't do without it.
More information about the universe-bugs