[uds-announce] European Adaptor

Keld Simonsen keld at keldix.com
Sun Oct 28 15:13:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 03:34:18PM +0100, Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Anders Jenbo <anders at jenbo.dk> wrote:

> >> Same here! the sockets in denmark seem different
> >>
> >> Marianna: Kindly request you  to help us in this regard..
> >
> > I know they sell adapters at the airport. I have a spare that I could bring,
> > but I will need it back at some point.
> >
> > @Bhavahn, different form what?
> >
> > Anders
>
> Hi Anders.
>
> Just got one from the reception at 55 kr.  Mine is a 3 pin adapter and
> the plug sockets different from UK and US

Yes, ask in the reception of your hotel. Some hotels may lend you an adaptor for your stay.
In the bathroom there is normally a US compatible socket.
You may also buy an US-EU converter several places at the airport.

Danish sockets are a but different from other European sockets, which
are normally of the german/French kind. Not much different
for plugs with 2 polses they are normally compatible with German/french plugs, for
3 poles, with ground, they have a nextra male pole, where German/French plugs
has a hole. Andyway that works, and most electrical equipment today and for the
last 20 years have been sold with german/french plugs...

But some Danish firm has had a monopoly on the Danish sockets for a very long time.

Best regards and welcome to cold Copenhagen
Keld