[uds-announce] Keysigning party UDS-Q - Keyring and printouts available

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Fri May 11 02:05:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 05:22:55PM -0700, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:36:17PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> > If everyone verifies their full fingerprint in the text file is correct
>
> But, well, the text file doesn't actually have the full fingerprint.

Yeah. I was suggesting that it would have to be generated again.

> AFAICS you have to go through some kind of rigmarole like this:
>
>   $ bzcat ksp-quantal.asc.bz2 | gpg >ksp-quantal
>   $ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./pubring.gpg --import ksp-quantal
>   $ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./pubring.gpg --fingerprint
>
> This is pretty cumbersome, though!

For future reference, you can use gpgparticipants from signing-party to
generate a much better list. It should probably be modified to only ask
for sha256sums though.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]