[uds-announce] Wednesday evening San Francisco Tourism by Ubuntu California team

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed May 9 01:24:28 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I've gotten a bunch of questions about the planned San Francisco
tourism run by the Ubuntu California team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Q/OtherEvents#San_Francisco_Tourism

So I've added some details to the wiki:

Meet in the lobby by 6:30PM, we will leave promptly at 6:35!

You will need:

 * $6.20 for BART ($3.10 each way) – you can use Clipper
 * $2 cash, exact change, for street car – you can use Clipper
 * $6 cash for cable car – must have cash, no Clipper
 * Money for dinner
 * A light jacket or sweatshirt – it's warm during the day, but we'll
be on the edge of the bay and it gets chilly at night!

We will help everyone get sorted with public transit payment at the
station, I have Clipper cards for those interested.

I've also uploaded a pdf copy of the handout I'll give out tomorrow
evening with more details and some loose timing details for those of
you who asked: http://people.ubuntu.com/~lyz/handouts/uds_wednesday_tourism.pdf

RSVP here: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/1619/detail/

See you tomorrow evening :)

--