[uds-announce] Keysign party - Keyring and txt file clarifications

Kamal Mostafa kamal at canonical.com
Thu Nov 3 21:49:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 17:28 -0400, Marc Cluet wrote:
> Just write down the new checksums, we'll recite them at the beginning of the meeting :)

To further clarify (I hope!)...

1. Download the *revised* keyring and text files (note the addition of
".asc" to the filenames):

	ksp-precise.asc.bz2
	ksp-precise.txt.asc

2. Locate your own entry in the "ksp-precise.txt.asc" file, and verify
that the key fingerprint for your own key is actually correct -- it
should match the fingerprint you get when you run
	$ gpg --fingerprint <your.email.adress>
... on your local machine.

3. Compute the md5 and sha1 checksums for the "ksp-precise.txt.asc" file
that you downloaded and write those checksums down on your paper sheet.
Use these commands to compute those checksums:

	$ gpg --print-md md5 ksp-precise.txt.asc

	$ gpg --print-md sha1 ksp-precise.txt.asc

4. Bring your paper sheet with the checksums you computed to the
keysigning party so that you can compare your md5 and sha1 checksums to
the checksums that will be read out loud at the party.

 -Kamal