[uds-announce] We lost an Ubuntu Warrior... :(

Ursula Junque ursula.junque at canonical.com
Thu Nov 3 21:42:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

There are some sad news I would like to share with you.
We have been just informed that one of the major contributors of Ubuntu
Brazil, the leader of the Brazilian Translations team and member of the
Brazilian Council, Andre Gondim, just passed away. He went through a
lung transplant about two years ago and was fighting against transplant
rejection problems.

He was 29 years old, married. A person that's been fighting for Ubuntu
almost as much he did for his life. He used to say "it seems
circumstances don't want me alive, but it turns out I love life!". And
he lived as much as he could. Despite of his health condition, he was
always there to support Ubuntu and the community.

I'd like to ask a minute of your thoughts in the memory of him and his
family, any good vibrations will help right now.

I'll leave a notebook in the Ubuntu table so you can write down
messages, if you want, and I'll bring it to his family in Brazil.

https://launchpad.net/~andregondim <https://launchpad.net/%7Eandregondim>

Thanks,

Ursula Junque (Ursinha), on behalf of the Ubuntu Brazilian Community.
ursula at ubuntu.com
ursinha at ursinha.net