[uds-announce] Request for assistance to replace wireless card in notebook.

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Thu May 12 09:39:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I am wondering whether anybody here has tools with them to replace a wireless card in a ThinkPad. The machine came with what seems to be a rather crappy Realtek chip, that only works in 2.4gHz. I have sourced an Intel wireless chip compatible with this machine, but need assistance getting it installed. I would have emailed earlier in the week, but I forgot I had it with me until this morning when I found it in my bag.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Luke