[Ubuntu-ZW] Repository Update

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 06:59:28 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Just a quick update on a few changes made to the local repository recently.

Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) is now available on the repo. for now, only
the 64 bit repository has been added. The new release ISO images are
expected in about 2 days time (25th April) on release day.

more info on how to connect to the repo can be found here:

http://www.ubuntu.org.zw/node/6

due to low demand (and a waste of space) i had no choice but to drop the
CentOS repository completely to make room for the new repository.

The good news is that we've finally managed to secure a 2TB drive! a big
shout of thanks goes out to Dennis Merrington (Storgate) and Kerry Gammon
(Phoenixtech) for their contribution on this new drive. (Guys it will go a
very long way!)

Dennis and Kerry, you guys are now entitled to a lifetime supply of of free
ISO images of Ubuntu =)

The new drive will be setup in a few weeks time.. there may be some
downtime, but will keep you posted on that nearer the time. I'll be able to
add a few more repository mirrors (such as debian wheezy) and the 32-bit
ubuntu repositories once the new drive is setup.

cheers for now

kalpesh