[Ubuntu-ZW] Ubuntu Loco Team Update

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:41:14 UTC 2012

Hi everyone, hope you're all well!

There have been some discussions going in the background about reviving the
Ubuntu Zimbabwe LoCo team. As you may know, the team itself has been very
very quiet the last few years and months.. however, i have taken on the
task of reviving the team with a few other team members who have somehow
stayed loyal and passionate during the long quiet period.

We have decided to start the team afresh, and i have begun by taking over
the Team Lead, and Team Contact roles until we can pick up some momentum.

Based on our previous experiences in running the team, we think we have
learned a great deal about what NOT to do.. and what MORE to do with
regards to running a LoCo team... so hopefully we'll be much better at it
this time :)

For now, we're beginning by drawing up a new LoCo team constitution.. which
will include our very own mission statement! this is something that we
missed the last time, and i think would be a great idea on founding a new
LoCo team with.  The constitution will outlay the purpose of the LoCo team,
the overall management and running of the team.. as well as just a few
obligations that team members need to meet. We will be re-developing a new
www.ubuntu.org.zw website as well soon... which should be more informative,
modern and up to date.. this is high up on my to do list!

So, i'd just like to say thanks to you all for your patience during our
"leave of absence"... and that we'll keep you updated on the team progress
as we go along.

kalpesh.