[Ubuntu-ZW] Open Source Software Day 2012

trust zifa trustzifa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:14:44 UTC 2012

Hi Guys

My Friends and I are am trying to organise an event on the 15th of
September 2012 "The FOSS DAY recognised internationally" to foster adoption
and usage of Open Source Softawre "Like Linux, Drupal, Jomla, Asterisk etc
for those not sure what open source is all about. I would greatly
appreciate your support and join us on the day. I would be happy if we can
facilitate to venues, one in Harare and another in Bulawayo.

I am meeting SUSE guys in Johannesburg to ask for their support on the day,
I am hoping to hook up with Google and Ubuntu and the Fredom Toaster Guys.
I have written to the Perm Sec in ICT Ministry, awaiting feedback. I am
still conducting other Open Source Players in the Region. I am a member of
FOSSFA {www.fossfa.net}. Any Feedback,Ideas, and advise is welcome. This is
far bigger than myself but I am hoping together we  shall have something
going as a Community. This will go a long way towards sustainable
development in Zimbabwe.

If you want to know more about us please visit: www.taznet.co.zw, hoping to
receive one from you.

Regards