[Ubuntu-ZW] Software Freedom Day

Kuda Dube kudakwashe.dube at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:43:20 UTC 2012

Hi Trust,

I would really like to be there on this important day but I am currently in
New Zealand.

If you can, could you also include information relating to the fact that
ZImbabwe is now rated the worst country in the world in terms of piracy as
per the Ninth Annual BSA and IDC Global Software Piracy
Study<http://www.bsa.org/globalstudy>,
(
http://portal.bsa.org/globalpiracy2011/downloads/study_pdf/2011_BSA_Piracy_Study-Standard.pdf
).

Zimbabwe is also being featured as the worst case among softwarae pirate
countries in university textbooks such as Reynolds (2012), see
http://www.amazon.com/Ethics-Information-Technology-George-Reynolds/dp/1111534128

Zimbabwe can reduce the software piracy down to 0% in one year by
immediately switching over to free and open source software. This message
is important to disseminate on the Software Freedom Day!

Regards

Kuda

--
Kuda Dube PhD (MIEEE, MACM)
Conputer Science & Information Technology, School of Engineering and