[Ubuntu-ZW] Configuring Alcatel modem in 11.10

Antonio M Chimuzu achimuzu at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 20 15:46:17 UTC 2012

Dear Daniel

1. Insert Modem and patiently wait (sometimes it takes about 2 minutes
for the machine to recognize it)
2. make sure it you see a message like "New broadband connection"or
"broadband connection" or "New 3G connection" when you click on your
network icon pop up menu.
3. Click on the name of your new connection a pop up window should open
with broadband connection options.
4. enter your details (username, dialing number
I am not familiar with the modem you mentioned.
Please provide more details of the modem - model number, etc. Also your
machine brand and model - is your machine a 32 or 64bits?
Anyway I got both a wimax and a regular 3g modem working on my Linux
machines (one running Ubuntu, one running latest Linux Mint and also on
a friends OpenSUSE laptop).
I must say that nothing needed to be modified in the machines besides
entering network settings and saving them. Please follow this link to
view my configuration.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8oIlya0c3aG3pNDlIyBBBdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

your username is your Africon (in full) account number.

Antonio

On 20/02/2012 10:24, daniel banhamombe wrote:
> Good day
>
> Can anyone assist me with the configuration of an Africom mobile
> broadband Alcatel modem in Ubuntu 11.10
>
> Best
>
> Daniel

 (\__/)      People who want to share their religious
 (='.'=)     visions and beliefs, usually
 ('')_('')    dont want you to share yours with them