[Ubuntu-ZW] Debian Repository on Disk

Mr. R. Simango simangor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 05:54:17 UTC 2011

Dear Kalpesh, Dear Team,

I would like to have the Ubuntu Repository on my USB Disk, to use in
supporting schools in Binga. Schools here use Ubuntu BUT do not have
internet. I use dialup and sometimes find it very difficult to download
updates and software etc.

Is it possible for you to assist me by creating a repository on a mobile
disk? I would like to purchase  an appropriate size and get it delivered
to you in Harare and later collected for me. What size of disk should I
purchase? How long can it take you to create the repo?

Thanks,

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 20:19 +0200, Kalpesh Thaker wrote:

> Dear local repository server users
>

> The new ubuntu natty and debian 6 repositories are now configured on
> our local server,
> and are ready for use!
>

> more information is available on the repository webpage below if you
> are using pre-release versions of
> ubuntu natty, or if you are already using debian 6.
>

> http://www.ubuntu.org.zw/node/6
>

> Due to some people still using the ubuntu 8.04LTS release, i have
> decided to postpone the removal of this repository
> for now. So only the ubuntu 9.04 and debian 4 repository have been
> dropped from our server.
>

> I am personally very excited about both the new debian and ubuntu
> releases. ubuntu is based on debian.. and with the
> latest release of debian 6, some HUGE improvements have been made to
> the overall OS.. which should be passed down
> to the new ubuntu releases.
>

> Ubuntu Natty Narwhal (11.04) is due for release middle of April. An
> ubuntu release party is currently being organised..
> so please keep watching this space for more information.
>

> If you are still getting "cannot be found", or "404" errors when
> downloading updates for your ubuntu machine, please
> run the below command from a terminal window:
>

> "sudo apt-get update"
>

> then try the update again. some package folder names have been
> renamed.. so running and update on apt-get will fix
> that.
>

> cheers for now
>

> kalpesh.

Mr. R. Simango