[Ubuntu-ZW] Africom EVDO USB Modem on Ubuntu Linux

Raymond Swart raymond at karigon.net
Wed Oct 6 08:44:21 BST 2010

  Hi Sam,

Since I haven't used Africoms modem I did some quick reading up on the
evdo modem, which if I'm correct is a 3G modem. I've been very
successful, using a script I downloaded, using the econet modems (tried
2 different ones) called sakis3g from www.sakis3g.org. All you really
need at the end of the day is the APN details (econet's is econet.net)
and login + password if applicable.

If you get stuck give us a shout.

--
Many Thanks,

Raymond Swart
Karigon (Pvt) Ltd
www.karigon.net
Web Development - Linux Servers - Digital Media - Support