[Ubuntu-ZW] Installing ubuntu

Samuel Mukoti samuelmukoti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:44:13 BST 2010

Please clarify what exactly you're trying to achieve.

If trying to install K/ubuntu from a USB pendrive then you need to first
make sure the drive is prepared correctly, you can prepare it by running the
Ubuntu LiveCD and running the "Startup Disk Creator" from the Administrator
menu, this will format and copy the Installer files needed to install ubuntu
onto pendrive thus making it a valid installation media source.

Secondly, a partition is also created on the pen-drive that allows you to
persist you data from session to session, therefore killing both birds with
one stone - so to speak -  you *will *be able to use the pen drive as a
portable linux distro were you can boot from USB and run you applications,
saving you files etc..

Hope that helps..

Regards,

Sam