[Ubuntu-ZW] How to Configure Ubuntu 8.04 as a Web, Mail and File server

Manulite manulite at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:09:30 GMT 2010

Hi Tafadzwa,

Do you realize that it would be difficult for anyone on this list to reply
to your request and sufficiently answer you? How many things are you asking
for, lets break it down:

1. You want to setup a Web Server

2. You want to setup a Mail Server

3. You want to setup a File Server

4. You are setting up in a virtual environment

5. You want to know how to backup windows files onto an Ubuntu server.

Now each of those tasks is a process, and each process requires domain
knowledge which I assume you probably don't know. The best for you in this
case is to break it down like I have, and tackle each task one at a time.
There are a lot of howto's on the Ubuntu forums and elsewhere on the
internet, so pick a howto on setting up a webserver, go through it and learn
the concepts involved, and do the step by step instructions. If you
encounter a step you don't understand, or you've done everything it says and
something just doesn't work (happens a lot), then ask on the list, it will
be easy for us here to chip in and assist.

I hope I've made sense, and don't be discouraged, we've all been there
before, it's like learning to walk, someone can hold your hand, but you've
got to do the walking yourself!

Have lots of fun,

manulite

My profiles: [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/manulite>[image:
Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/manulite>[image:
Last.fm]<http://www.last.fm/user/manulite>
Chat: [image: Google Talk/]manulite [image: Skype/]manulite [image: Google
Wave/]manulite at googlewave.com

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Tafadzwa Kashora <tafadzwakashora7 at gmail.com