[Ubuntu-ZW] local repos down?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 09:32:52 BST 2010

On 08/07/2010 10:06, Kalpesh Thaker wrote:
> Hi Guys..
>
> there was a serious issue on the yoafrica network yesterday, whereby all
> connectivity, both local and international,
> had ceased for a couple of hours.
>
> the situation has now been resolved however.
>
> kalpesh
>
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com
> <mailto:o.sinclair at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/07/2010 16:03, Spencer Tom Tafadzwa Chirume wrote:
>      > I don't about the yoafrica repos but the site is down for
>      > www.ubuntu.org.zw <http://www.ubuntu.org.zw> so an educated guess
>     would lead you to think so.
>      >
>      > Try this one http://zw.releases.ubuntu.com/
>      >
>      > Regards,
>      > Spencer.
>      >
>      > On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:38:37 +0100, O. Sinclair
>     <o.sinclair at gmail.com <mailto:o.sinclair at gmail.com>>
>      > wrote:
>      >
>      >> Are the local repos down? Since a couple of hours I can not
>     reach them
>      >>
>      >> Regards
>      >> Sinclair
>      >>
>      >
>      >
>     seems to be back online already

Well I keep a copy of the sources.list with "official repos" and one
with "zimbabwe repos" so no big issue expect for the speed of updates.
As I was doing an installation it was a bit unfortunate but no disaster

Can I request "mirrors" of a couple of official kubuntu PPA? Official
meaning it is the Kubuntu crew that use them to post updates of KDE etc.

Sinclair