[Ubuntu-ZW] Can someone please help me fix problem with ATI Radeon HD 4570 graphics card

Gyron Mkwebo gyron at powerspeed.co.zw
Thu Feb 18 09:51:49 GMT 2010

Got the laptop, worked on it 20 minutes and it freezes. All i did was
open eclipse and firefox, next thing, hard-lockup. Rebooted the cold
way, machine gets to desktop and while looking for a network using the
network manager, hard lockup.
I real miss my HP nx7400. Had absolutely NO issues with all the versions
of ubuntu, i have used on it (started with 6.10).
I'll try a BIOs update and see how it goes.