Windows Rules

Gyron Mkwebo gyron at powerspeed.co.zw
Fri Oct 23 07:48:09 BST 2009

Hi Guys

Simpson, at a first glance, you might be right...but on further
analysis, Windows in NOT better than Linux. What Microsoft guys strive
to produce (and eventually do, with the help of the billion dollars),
Linux would have already achieved!! an example that quickly comes to
mind is the Desktop search facility that Microsoft tried to bundle with
Vista, which was just a cheap imitation of the superb Beagle that had
been around in Linux!!!
You are right that people willingly pay the extortionate prices
Microsoft ask for their software, but this is because of the
misconcerptions that were hammered into our heads over the years that if
software is free, then it is not whorth anything, which unfortunately
persists to this day.
Do you know why keyboard keys are laid out in the manner they are?
(QWERTY)? Do you think it is to make us type faster? Well, no. Old
typewriters used to jam from guys typing fast, so the manufacturers came
up with this layout to slow people down and prevent the jamming! By the
time they started producing typewrites that wouldn't jam, the QWERTY
layout was already the standard....and this is the case with Windows!!!!