Karmic testing: OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 and tables in MS Office files

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:07:51 BST 2009

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Have just found out that if you create a document with tables in Ooo
> 3.1.1  and then save it as MS Word 97 "doc" file the tables go missing.
> The contents of the cells are there but no table(s)
>
> I have tried rummaging around Launchpad to see if this is known and
> about to be fixed as it is a major headacher for my users who have to
> live with sending files in MS format to large number of contacts.
>
> Has anyone seen this, can confirm it, and knows the status of this bug?

To reply to my own query, I have managed to find that the bug is known
and should be fixed with the RC release tomorrow:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/452518

apparently a bug in openoffice.org-kde package to do with the kde
filepicker. So it should be Kubuntu related and not generally Ubuntu or
Openoffice.org