good choice of CMS

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:15:50 BST 2009

Friends,

I am looking for a CMS that need 2 functions/modules/extensions whatever
(apart from the "core" publishing):
1. File Directory for up/downloads, preferrably with possibility to
restrict registered user's access rights to different directories
2. Discussion Forum - with mail notifications preferrably to users who
so wish on threads

I know Joomla can do this but it also has oodles of stuff I do not
really need. But if anyone can point me to the best extensions for the
purpose it is appreciated.

Apart from that I am sure there are "simpler" solutions out there so any
suggestions are welcome.

Best,
Sinclair