How do i configure Virtualbox 3.0 in linux

Rangarirai Matavire matavirer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:35:05 BST 2009

Hi,
Since I notice you are considering VMware, you might not be too concerned
about source. Citrix Xenserver is said to be the best and I have downloaded
it for my own server. I am yet to install it but I have made up my mind that
it is the best. It also seems that virtualbox has is functionally limited in
the open source edition. Citrix Xenserver made its enterprise edition free
in March. It is also worth considering whether you want to fully or
partially virtualise.

Regards,

Ranga

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tafadzwa Kashora wrote:
> > Hi Guyz
> >
> > I am downloading Virtualbox 3.0.0 for OpenSuse linux, I would like to
> > know how  i configure it? Does Kubuntu 9.04 come with Virtualbox, if
> > so i think i will remove opensuse from my machine and put Kubuntu
> > 9.04, should i fail to get VMware 6.5 or Virtualbox working in
> > OpenSuse 11.1
> >
> > I want to install Ubuntu 8.04, as a guest and configure it as a mail
> > server. I have never configured a mail server, and any tips or guides
> > (pdf, ppt) on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> I can't reply for 9.04 as I don't use it myself,  I have stayed on 8.04.
> But I doubt it differs too much. I have repository for virtualbox
> deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/ hardy non-free
> I then simply install virtualbox via apt-get or aptitude or
> Synaptic/Adept. To configure it is a piece of cake, take my word for it.
>
> Sinclair

Information Systems Postgraduate Lab
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701