Repository Update

Simpson Moyo simpsonmoyo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:37:31 GMT 2009

Great stuff Patel,

I am currently running an ubuntu development server on my home
network. It is also running ebox for traffic shaping and ip address
allocation.

I am also running Ubuntu on my development pc - Ubuntu still has a
long way to go when it comes to workstation setup... it took me close
to 3 weeks to get everything i needed working 100%. but even then...
all opensource WYSIWYG IDEs are totally crap so i have to use wine to
run dreamweaver...  (which crashes on all later dreamveaver versions
so i have to use a 7 year old version of dreamweaver). My productivity
has gone down about 15% but im sure with time and with the right tools
this will improve.

Overall:
I LOVE Ubuntu as a server. Its ok as a workstation, but still has a
long way to go... No where near windows... but if you factor in the
fact that windows costs $$$$, and that most users dont need to do half
of what i need to do... then i guess ubuntu is a good alternative to
windows for most people...

But i have to say... it has a very bright future...

Simpson Moyo