[Ubuntu-ZW] Ubuntu Shona Translation Project

Garikai Dzoma garikaib at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 10:56:24 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have noticed that the original Shona translations team has not
translated a single package since its inception. I have therefore
created a new team to under take the task and am cordially inviting
everyone to please join and actively participate. Ubuntu is available in
Zulu and Xhosa so why not Shona which is also a good enough Bantu
language as any.
The aim is to aid those who are linguistically challenged when it comes
to using English as those of us who have attended rural schools can
attest. Much of our education was obtained through modern Shona- a
combination of Shona and locally adapted English words.

Please visit the team wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu-Shona to
visit the team page and apply for membership go to
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-shn

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/

Garikai

P.S We really need your help guys