NGOs and similar societies using GNU/Linux and FOSS

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:25:37 BST 2009

Friends,
I am discussing with a local NGO to transfer them to Linux desktop and
FOSS as they are today in a mess of different windows and ms office
versions of questionable legality plus that they regularly get hit by
virus infections.

They have asked me how many NGOs and similar entities are using "the
same system" as they put it.

I frankly have no idea or how to go about finding out so I throw the
question here and on ZOSS mailing list. Anyone working with
or for or supporting any NGO or likewise using desktop Linux, OpenOffice
etc. please let me know.

kind regards,
Sinclair