Ubuntu and gprs connectivity

Neil neil.coetzer at nationalit.co.zw
Fri Apr 24 06:43:09 BST 2009

Hi guys,

I did recently see a "demo" of this by one of the guys selling the
modems.... I'm afraid I wasn't impressed at all. It was possibly just the
time of day (around 4pm) but it actually seemed slower than dialup and some
of the larger/slower sites like wikipedia, failed to load at all. I fear
that econet has already over-subscribed the service?

Anyone else had any better experiences? Apparently it worked well when it
was in demo phase but performance has degraded badly since it went
commercial. (At least that's what I've heard).

NC