Ubuntu loses its virginity, turns commercial

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Thu Sep 25 09:45:36 BST 2008

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the info. Personally I don't really see the problem. The free
codecs are still available but users have the option of paying if they
want to make it legal. Ubuntu as we know and use it hasn't changed, as I
understand it, so I don't really think it damages the spirit of Ubuntu
at all.... they're just trying to do the right thing. The problem is not
with Canonical or Ubuntu... the problem is with the fact that such
widely used codecs are proprietary. That is what needs to change.

Cheers,
Neil

believed to be clean.