Website update

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:03:56 BST 2008

Hi Guys,

Dont worry about the whole geo-ip mod...
We can limit access via a firewall....

Remember, the repository and website are hosted on two different machines...
so we can limit download access directly via iptables on the repository.
The site will be available to all IP's, but when the user clicks on "downloads"
for example, it will then try and connect to the repository server
which will allow certain
ip ranges via port 80... and will not allow a connection.

I dont know, we need to make sure that on the site, there is a notice
that says downloads
only available to zimbabwe ip's otherwise we'll get a million queries....

on the site you need to link to two sites:

1 - the repository at http://archive.ubuntu.org.zw/ubuntu
2 - the iso's at http://archive.ubuntu.org.zw/ubuntu/iso/

With regards to webstats, thats not a problem, as we can get the stats
directly from the
hosting server which records all hits.

p.s i was doing a bit of house keeping on the server this morning, and
accidentally removed all the iso's. Its not a bad thing, as now i can
setup an rsync script to update iso's automatically from international
servers without too much work..

cheers

kalpesh