Open Source Classroom Management

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Fri May 16 19:17:15 BST 2008

Hi Richard,

As far as I know, Kingdom Academy aren't necessarily aware of our plans
for them yet :) Apparently they have asked Larry for his assistance in
setting up their system at some point. The contents of my last mail are
purely based on discussions that have taken place between Larry and
myself. If things go according to plan, it will be an Ubuntu system, and
Larry and I would like to put open ICDL in place there, if/when it's
ready. This wouldn't be strictly a Loco Team project, but I thought some
guys might like to get involved anyway. At the end of the day though,
it's still Larry's show as he was the one approached by them. So yes
their only involvement would be to run the finished product. This could
be useful as a pilot project, since its fairly central and most of us
are closer to this than the more outlying areas, so it would be easier
to offer support and deal with any last minute bugs that might crop up.
(As opposed to our first roll out being in a rural location which we
will struggle to get to if their are any problems).

For an add-on dependency CD, what packages would we need to cater for
other the classroom management package? FYI, I will try to download and
test the package this weekend.