Ubuntu Trademarks - Zimbabwe Logo

ronald munjoma simbiso at gmail.com
Sat May 10 15:57:00 BST 2008

2008/5/10 Neil Coetzer <ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw>:

>  Hi guys,
>
> Have received the following reply from Canonical:
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Hi Neil,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> In terms of our trademark policy, we have no issues with loco teams using
> our trademarks to support their teams. However, we do not permit any changes
> to the actual logo, so unfortunately we cannot allow you to use the logo you
> have requested.
>
> What you could do is put a map of Zimbabwe in the middle of the circle of
> friends or something along those lines.

Have a look at the SA one attached, not a bad idea, but or Zim logo was the
best, I wish we could still use it.

> I hope you understand and appreciate our position.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michelle
> ------------------------------
>

> So we can go ahead and use the standard Ubuntu logo on our regalia, but we
> are not allowed to use the Zimbabwe logo unless we come up with a totally
> different one that does not alter the official logo in any way.
>
> Sorry guys [image: :(]
>
> Regards,
> Neil

> believed to be clean.

Ronald Munjoma
IT & Business Consultant
Act Business Solutions

ronaldm at actbusinesssolutions.com
Cell: +263 11 632 444

Adaptive Planning
Adaptive Planning Enterprise Edition V 4.0
Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting Made Easy
www.adaptiveplanning.com

Ubuntu
linux for human beings
www.ubuntu-zw.org