To do list

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Fri May 2 14:32:16 BST 2008

Hi Kalpesh,

I discussed the web site and domain registration with Garth last year at
the same time that I requested hosting of the repository. He asked me to
submit a request via the Yo!Africa web site, which I did. I don't think
the web site necessarily has to be on the same server as the repo. The
web site can be hosted on your normal server and just link to the repo,
as such. The domain www.ubuntu.org.zw would be specifically for the web
site itself. The repo would eventually need to be on a sub-domain
archive.ubuntu.org.zw for us to "conform" to the Ubuntu standard
practice. If you could push registration for those domains, that would
be fantastic. In light of the fact that enet is maintaining the repo
server, etc. it would probably be better to host the web site as a
standard site on your usual servers, if that's still an option?

I also remember asking at some stage if Yo!Africa would take "ownership"
of the domain name for now, and then perhaps when we get registered as a
non-profit organisation, we can take over official ownership from there
- does that make sense?

Cheers,
Neil

believed to be clean.