Introduction

ronald munjoma simbiso at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:48:09 BST 2008

Hello,

My name is Ronald Munjoma, an IT & Business Solutions Consultant with Act
Business Solutions, an IT & Business Consultancy firm based in Harare.

I am currently running Ubuntu 8.04 Hard Heron, Desktop Edition, just
upgraded from Gusty Gibbon (7.10)

I have experience with Suse Enterprise Desktop 10.2 (I once had a working
relationship with Novel Zimbabwe), RedHat 7 up to 9 on the Desktop and
Server. I have also played with Fedora Core, Knoppix & Yellow Dog Linux on a
Power Book.

I am a member of the Harare Linux User Group (HLUG) and Zimbabwe Open
Software Society (ZOSS). I was actively involded in organising and running
the Linux Expo some two years ago as part of IT Africa. I have also
succesfuly organised and run a Suse Install Fest, with Novel Zimbabwe.

I am interested in Commercial Enterprise Open Source solutions, OrangeHRM,
Adaptive Planing, Project Open, Banana Pos and many more.

I am more than willing to take part in bringing Ubuntu to Zimabwe and make
it a distro of choice both on Server and Desktop side. I also have iso
images of Hard Heron, 32 Bit, both the Live and Alternate CD.

I have noted with concern that our mailing list and forums are "dead" (the
biggest challenge at HLUG and ZOSS), lets start to generate some buzz and
communicate using the lists, wiki and build a strong community, once we have
a critical mass will then start weekly, bi-weekly or monthly meeting and
presentations. I am interested in running a Hard Heron instalfest, does
anyone have space with enough power points, tables, chairs that we can use?
I will take some time to make changes and contributions to the team wiki
site.

If you will like to make telephone contact, please use the office land line:
04 852 807/9, I am not mobile at the moment.

Regards

Ronald Munjoma

"Bring back the fun into computing. Use Ubuntu Linux''

--
Ronald Munjoma
IT & Business Consultant

ronaldm at actbusinesssolutions.com
Cell: +263 11 632 444
Tel: +263 4  852 807-9
Fax: +263 4 882 475

Adaptive Planning
Adaptive Planning Enterprise Edition V 4.0
Budgeting, Forecasting  & Reporting Made Easy
www.adaptiveplanning.com

Ubuntu
linux for human beings
www.ubuntu-zw.org