joomla unpacked

Kalpesh Thaker luminary06 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:04:24 BST 2008

I know i've done this in the past as well, with customer sites...
whereby a customer requests a joomla install (which we assist with at no
charge).
so that all the customer has to do is browse to
http://theirdomain/administrator
and change everything from there.

The web-blog theme is just a demo... i.e just how certain os's specifiy
default wallpapers...
not such a big problem in my opinion...

i usually prefer doing the install myself, because then i can specify
certain options during the install procedure, such as mysql db access
details, check and test ftp access etc,
but most important of all, i can install a stable version of joomla.. and
specify the complex usernames/passwords that we require...

in alot of cases... its just that the hosting company and web site design
company are two different entities.... therefore.. the hosting company sets
up hosting before the live site is finished... so that once the site is
finalised.. it can be uploaded and running in about
5 mins flat..

I still think its no biggie......if anything.. i would say its a good
thing... seeing that corporates/web designers are opting to use joomla!!